A good host always shares Wi-Fi with visitors, but it can be a chore explaining which network to join and spelling out the password (if you even remember it). Maybe you think you remember it, but it just doesn’t work and you insist that your guest typed it incorrectly. Then it hits you, you’ve recited your email password. Hello, it can happen to anyone. In this article, we read about How to share WiFi Password?
There’s a much easier way to provide Wi-Fi connectivity to your guests. If your router has the ability to create a guest network, which we recommend as it will help you maintain a more secure WiFi network, you should give it that password. Either way, here’s how to quickly and easily share WiFi access across devices.
How to share your WiFi on iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Sharing WiFi passwords between Apple devices is very easy, but your visitor needs to be listed in your contacts and vice versa. If you’re in each other’s contact list, make sure iPhones are installed on iOS 11 or later, Macs on macOS High Sierra or later, and iPads on iPadOS. How to share it:
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices, make sure the personal hotspot is turned off, and make sure the device is unlocked and nearby.
- Your device should be connected to the Wi-Fi network that you want to share. (Connect to the guest network if you share this.)
- Ask your guest to select your Wi-Fi network from the list of options available on their device.
- A pop-up message will appear on your device asking if you want to share your WiFi password.
- Tap share password.
How to share your WiFi on Android
Not all Android phones have the same settings menu, so your phone may look different. Go to the Settings app and tap Network & Internet.
With Android devices, you can use a QR code to share WiFi details, provided the phones or tablets in question are running Android 10 or higher. Here’s how:
- Make sure that your device is connected to the Wi-Fi network that you want to share, and go to Settings, Network, and Internet (it could mean connections depending on your device), then W-lan.
- Tap the gear next to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share icon on the right and you should see a QR code on the screen. (You may need to authenticate this action.)
- Let your guest scan the QR code. You can scan QR codes with the regular camera app on most phones, including iPhones. If your guest has an Android phone, go to Settings, Connections (or Network and Internet ), then WiFi on their device. Scroll down to find where it says Add Network; next to it, you will see a QR code symbol. Tap on it and you can now quickly scan the code.
- Scanning the code should automatically connect the device.
How to find your WiFi password on Windows
Microsoft used to allow you to automatically share your Wi-Fi details with contacts through something called Wi-Fi Sense, but it has scrap for security reasons. Unfortunately, there is now no faster and easier way to share a Wi-Fi password from a Windows device. I can only show you how to find your WiFi password in Windows:
- Click the Windows icon, then the Settings gear icon on the left, and select Network & Internet.
- Make sure you are on the Status tab in the top left, then choose Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on your network where it says Connections: WLAN [your network name] . (This will not work if you connect via ethernet.)
- Select Wireless Properties in the pop-up window.
- Select the Security tab and tick the Show sign box under the Network Security Key.
- Let your guest select the correct network on their device and enter the password they find.
Also read: infinix s5 price in Pakistan.