White rice is the most basic dish that is made all over the world. People around the globe eat white rice with a lot of stuff. You can take it with gravy, fish, steak, or any other option you like. White rice is also known as boiled rice because it is prepared by boiling rice in a large amount of water.
It is one of the easiest recipes that anyone can follow, whether a newbie or an expert. White rice is mostly made in Asia because people love to eat them with most food items. The most critical point is to notice whether the rice is done or not after a specified time. Too much boiling may make them gummy, and less boiling may make them hard.
Without wasting further time, let’s move on to the recipe. The ingredients you will need includes;
- Rice (one portion)
- Water (two-portion)
- Butter (unsalted)
Once you get all the ingredients on the shelf, take rice in a bowl and wash it properly. Remove all the dirt and other contaminants from the rice and let it dip in water for about 15 minutes. Take a deep pot and add water to it. Please put it on the stove and let the flame be medium. After 15 minutes, check if the water is hot and boiling. If you can see the boil in water, add rice into it.
Now set the flame to high and add butter to it. Mix it well and add salt as required. Once you add all the ingredients, let it come to a boil. When the rice starts boiling, now is the time to stand by the stove and check if the rice is done or not.
Rice hardly takes 10 minutes to boil perfectly. When you feel the rice is ¾ part done, take the pot off the stove. Take a strainer and strain rice by removing all the water. Now spread the rice in the pot with no water and place it on the stove. Set the flame at the lowest and let the rice get steamed for about five minutes.
After five minutes, check if the rice is done 10/10, turn off the flame and mix it. Take a wooden spoon and mix all the rice upside down. Now serve with any gravy or fish you like.
- During boiling, keep the flame from medium to high. Let the rice boil properly and keep stirring.
- Do not let the rice overcook; otherwise, it will give them a gummy appearance. The taste will alter accordingly.
- Do not let the rice be undercooked; otherwise, it will be hard. It may make it hard to swallow and cause stomach issues.
- Take water, double the amount of rice.
- Add salt according to the taste.
- Adding butter is unnecessary, but it will give your rice a smooth texture and aroma.
- If you forgot to add butter while boiling, you could spread some oil while steaming them at the end.
Also read: how to find out your blood type.